Friday, October 11, 2013

Colorful Life

Photo made by: Kyrstin Stratton

This is Pop Art. It's a bunch of colorful fun photos put together to make one big masterpiece. I first had to take the nine photos. I really had to think about it. I kinda felt like The Brady Bunch of myself. Once again I had to get on Photoshop and use its magic. I did all the edits I would normally do to make my lighting look good. Then one by one I did the same thing over and over again. I had to copy the picture then make a blank layer. Then I deleted the original layer.After that was done I used the pen tool to outline myself, and made it a selection. I had to inverse it and delete the background. I then cropped the photo to a 2.5"x2.5" box. (That was/is important for the size of the box when you put all 9 photos together it makes a 7.5"  box later) Then I desaturated it. By going to Filter then Artistic then Cutout I got a really good artistic look to the photos. Then I made a new "canvas"( W:7.5, H:7.5, Resolution: 300, Mode: CMYK Color) Then I dragged all the finished photos to that Canvas and I made sure they where aligned. Then at the side bar (to the right) I put every photo into their own folder, naming the photos and the folder it goes in the same thing. (Example I named the top left photo "Hear" short for hear no evil, same for the folder it went into.) Then inside the folder I made another layer (again for each photo). When that was all done I could get to coloring. Then I clicked on the background of the photo I wanted to color, at the very bottom of the tool bar I picked the color I liked. I then use the "rectangle tool" that is found under the "Pen tool" and "Path Selection Tool". I then made a square around the photo I was coloring. Make sure it's the exact measures of the photo your coloring otherwise it will mess up the photos next to it.Then in the right hand "Layers" bar underneath the "layers" tap is a box that says "Normal" I opened it and selected "Screen". That will change the color of your subject. (In this case it was my face.) Then I clicked on the actual "photo" layer. I went back and chose a different color the same way I did before but this time I used the "Paint Bucket Tool". (Click and hold on the "Gradient Tool" then you will see the paint bucket). Then click inside the blank white background inside the box of the photo. I repeated this process till all the photos where colored. Then I was done. :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like how this came out. your explanation is decent, but over all it is really good. the thing that i like the most is the order you placed the pictures in the middle row. having the two outer pictures looking at the middle one was quite creative(: great facials by the way!

    ReplyDelete