Sunday, December 22, 2013

On the inside

Photo done by: Kyrstin Stratton
December 19, 2013



For this photo I had a little help from my friend Anahi Gallardo, she took the photos as I was in front of the mirror. We took 4-5 photos to makes sure I had enough photos to make the picture look right. Once we where done taking photos we downloaded all the photos onto Photoshop. I took the picture of me in jeans and a flannel and I cropped it to cut out the mirror and then I pulled it over on top the photo I chose to use for the photo of me in the dress and boa. I lined up where the counter met the best between the two photos. Then I erased  things that didn't match up just right, and anything that covered the mirror. I blended in anything I could. Attention to detail is a big obstacle in photos like this one. Even that little feather from the boa next to my finger could be a bad thing, if I didn't leave it there on purpose. After I combined these two photos together I flattened them. Then I used the magnetic lasso to out line the edges of the mirror and copied it onto another layer. Making sure I had the layer flattened selected I desaturated the layer. Leaving the layer of the mirror still in color. Then I flattened the two layers again. After I did that, I went to the photo in the mirror and made my face and hair look like I have perfect skin. Erasing any blemish, then sharpened my eyes so they stand out more. (So they are less blurry)


To see some of my friend Anahi's work visit: http://agallardophoto2.blogspot.com/

To see anyone else in Anahi's and my Photography class look to the right side bar of my blog. --->

No comments:

Post a Comment